5 facts that influence the beer price
In their comments, the tent owners cited the following five facts concerning the fixing of the beer price:
1. "This year the construction will be more expensive again. Every Munich resident and Bavarian who needs a craftsman knows this: good crafts simply cost more money these days due to the increased demand.
2. We are happy to support the trend toward more regional products. And more biological quality. Munich consumers know from their own experience that sustainably produced food costs more.
3. When it comes to sustainable energy, the large tents are pioneers. Here, green electricity from Munich's municipal utilities is used. This also costs more.
4. The breweries have demanded more for their beer this year. Purchase prices have risen by about 5 to 8 percent, which, according to the brewery industry, is due to higher raw material prices for barley and hops.
5. Last but not least, the costs for our personnel have also increased. Wage increases are between three and five percent. But: "Our employees have honestly earned this through their untiring commitment."