Because of the Oktoberfest: The Theresienwiese becomes a major construction site
The anticipation of the Oktoberfest is rising! In the coming weeks, the Theresienwiese will be a major construction site - but this also means that from 8.7., visitors will only be allowed to cross the site on specially signposted paths. How to get over the Theresienwiese:
- The Matthias-Pschorr-Straße from the Bavaria statue to Esperantoplatz is closed for pedestrians and cyclists from 8.7. to 28.7. inclusive.
- However, crossing the Theresienwiese is possible parallel to the Matthias-Pschorr-Straße on the road 5 behind the Käfer- and Weinzelt.
- From 29.7. to 5.8., the Matthias-Pschorr-Straße is passable on weekdays from 20 to 6 o'clock, and on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
- From Monday to Friday, the street is completely closed between 9 and 16 o'clock. Before (6 am to 9 am) and after (4 pm to 8 pm), the road is restricted, as it is closed to construction site traffic for ten minutes every full hour.
- Matthias-Pschorr-Straße will be completely closed from 6.9. to 20.9.
- The west-east crossing south of the Oide Wiesn (Old Oktoberfest) remains open until 20.9. inclusive.
- The north-south crossing across Schaustellerstraße is possible until 22.8.